- RSS Channel Showcase 4565821
- RSS Channel Showcase 6244305
- RSS Channel Showcase 8217174
- RSS Channel Showcase 1260908
Articles on this Page
- 09/17/14--16:37: _Volunteer
- 09/22/14--05:44: _Staff
- 06/07/17--14:37: _SIHA Naturalists
- 06/23/17--15:23: _The Inspiration of ...
- 07/08/17--16:48: _The Freedom I Found...
- 07/10/17--18:04: _Where’s the Fun in ...
- 07/22/17--17:03: _Dawn at Redfish
- 07/26/17--12:28: _Solitude In The Saw...
- 08/04/17--15:19: _Climbing in the Saw...
- 08/12/17--13:07: _A National Park Dis...
- 08/17/17--08:45: _Grateful in the Saw...
- 09/17/14--16:37: Volunteer
- 09/22/14--05:44: Staff
- 06/07/17--14:37: SIHA Naturalists
- 06/23/17--15:23: The Inspiration of the Sawtooths
- 07/08/17--16:48: The Freedom I Found in Stanley
- 07/10/17--18:04: Where’s the Fun in Love at First Sight?
- 07/22/17--17:03: Dawn at Redfish
- 07/26/17--12:28: Solitude In The Sawtooth’s
- 08/04/17--15:19: Climbing in the Sawtooth Range: A Historical Perspective
- 08/12/17--13:07: A National Park Discussion
- 08/17/17--08:45: Grateful in the Sawtooth’s
SIHA AND THE FOREST SERVICE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS! We need help with many projects throughout the year. Preserving and helping visitors at the Stanley Museum Maintaining and repairing facilities Cataloging artifacts Organizing photographs, and maintaining the yard Working the museum desk, to sell maps and books and answer visitors questions Operating the Redfish Read the full article...
Staff [huge_it_portfolio id=”3″]
Brian Jackson July 7 “How to Prepare for the 2017 Solar Eclipse” Brian Jackson is currently an assistant professor at Boise State University teaching astronomy in the Physics Department. Before coming to Boise State, he was a postdoctoral fellow at the Carnegie Institution of Washington’s Department of Terrestrial Magnetism in Washington, D.C. Prior to that, […]
The Inspiration of the Sawtooths Walking through the trails in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area gives me such an amazing feeling. It is like I am floating in the clouds, but I am on a rugged, partially maintained, narrow trail. I have dirt under my nails, fresh mountain water in my Nalgene, and a mind […]
Coming to the Sawtooth National Recreation Area for the first time was a life changing moment for me. I can remember leaving Walla Walla early in the morning, clear blue skies, beautiful sunshine, and green flowing wheat fields that I knew would be harvested by the time I returned. I remember thinking in the car […]
Our van whined in the December twilight as it struggled to carry eight riders and a month’s worth of supplies on the road that wound its way up Galena Summit. It was a moment full of anticipation: I was anxious to see the Sawtooth Valley hidden on the other side. My father called it […]
Mist crossing Redfish Lake, grebe and merganser skating across the water, bird’s chorus, and the glass reflection of a calm lake. This is what greets you at dawn at Redfish and inspires not only my love of birds, but of photography. No two days are the same; each brings another way to capture the beauty […]
Its 4:45 pm and I find myself half walking, half running through the crowds of people at Redfish Lodge in an effort to catch the 5 o’clock shuttle across the lake. I make it just in time to hop on the boat with a few other hikers. We exchange a few words about our plans […]
The wild, glaciated, granite wonderland of the Sawtooth batholith soars above Stanley. Waking up each morning and going to bed each night under a sky soaked in oranges, pinks, and purples, the mountains have become my constant companions and my favorite playground. I’ve delighted in the bone chilling bliss of alpine lakes and the instantly […]
It has been quite the experience living in Stanley, Idaho this summer. Stanley’s Sawtooth National Park is a beautiful and hidden gem inside the Gem State! The park has three separate entrances. One from Highway 21 and the two other entrances are on Highway 75. When visitors arrive to the park, they are treated with spectacular […]
On a calm morning, near the edge of a high alpine lake in the Sawtooth wilderness, I have found a sense of freedom and awe at the happenings around me. It is inspiring to watch the many plants and animals gathering their breakfast and starting their day, as am I. I can’t help but feel […]